Telescopic Handler - All Sizes
Excluding 360 Slew
The objective of the course is to provide training for individuals who wish to operate a Telescopic Handler at a competent level. This can be delivered either as an in-house training course or CPCS course.
All plant operators who use Telescopic Handlers. This course is suitable for novices, intermediate level or experienced operators who need to refresh their skills or achieve the relevant CPCS card.
What does it cover?
All aspects of theoretical and practical skills in the operation of a Telescopic Handler:
- Identify the basic construction, purpose and function of components and the purpose and use of controls and gauges
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources and applicable legislation
- Carry out pre-checks
- Configure the telescopic handler for site and road travel
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including rough undulating ground and substantial inclines, both with and without loads
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, both with and without load
- Set the telescopic handler in order to lift loads
- Lift various loads within the full working range of the telescopic handler
- Ensure load integrity and security
- Transport loads
- Place and retrieve loads accurately at various points
- Place and retrieve loads from vehicle bed or trailer
- Explain precautions to be taken for overhead services and other hazards
- Keep within safe working parameters
- Place the machine in an out-of-service condition
- Explain the loading and unloading procedure on and off a transporter
All in house candidates successfully completing the course in full will be awarded an Evolution ‘in house’ Certificate.
All CPCS candidates after achieving their CPCS Theory & Practical technical tests shall receive their CPCS Red Trained Operator Card – valid for 2 years.
For more information, or to book please call 01429 597 990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org