Ride on Roller
The objective of the course is to provide training for individuals who wish to operate a ride on roller at a competent level. This can be delivered either as an in-house training course or CPCS course.
All plant operators who use ride on roller. This course is suitable for novices, intermediate level or experienced operators who need to refresh their skills or achieve the relevant CPCS card.
All aspects of theoretical and practical skills in the operation of a ride on roller
- Identify the basic construction, purpose and function of components and the purpose and use of controls and gauges
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources and applicable legislation
- Carry out pre-checks
- Set the roller for site travel
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including undulating ground
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction
- Set the roller for compaction duties
- Prepare an area prior to compacting, i.e. traffic/ personnel management etc.
- Compact different materials to given instructions
- Compact up to supported and unsupported edges
- Compact against radius
- Compact around obstructions
- Place the roller in an out-of-service condition
- Recognise compacted and uncompacted areas
- State conditions that may cause instability of the roller
- State safety procedures when working up to a supported edge
- Explain safety procedures when working up to unsupported edges
- Explain safety procedures when compacting on inclines
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter
All in house candidates successfully completing the course in full will be awarded an Evolution ‘in house’ certificate.
All CPCS candidates after achieving their CPCS Theory & Practical technical tests shall receive their CPCS Red Trained Operator Card – valid for 2 years.
For more information, or to book please call 01429 597 990 or email email@example.com