NRSWA – Units 1-6 + 9
NRSWA Training (New Roads and Street Works) is a necessity for any employee who may be involved in working on or adjacent to the public highways as defined by regulations supportive to the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991.
This course covers the procedures and guidelines for working on roads and highways. The training and qualifications are targeted at those who are either employed by local authorities, utilities companies or contractors and are required to carry out work on roads, highways or on footpaths. It is absolutely essential that those who are working on public highways or even adjacent to them should take the relevant training courses and achieve the required level of competence. It is through this range of qualified training and competence that accidents are avoided and road fatalities are reduced.
Delegates attending this course will be required to have some level of experience within the construction / civil engineering sectors
This NRSWA Training course is designed for NRSWA operatives who physically carry out the work on the roadways and highways. This includes excavation, backfill and reinstatement of materials during street works
The NRSWA Course for Operatives will cover the following units: –
- Unit 001 – Location & avoidance of underground services
- Unit 002 – Signing, Lighting & Guarding
- Unit 003 – Excavation in the highway. Specifications, techniques, road types, materials
- Unit 004 – Reinstatement & compaction of backfill materials
- Unit 005 – Reinstatement of non-bituminous sub-base & road-base materials
- Unit 006 – Laying practices and reinstatement of cold lay bituminous materials. Specification & types of materials.
- Unit 009 – Reinstatement of modular surfaces & concrete footways
For more information, or to book please call 01429 597 990 or email email@example.com