Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Construction Civil Engineering Operations - Non-Structural Concreting
The Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Construction and Civil Engineering Operations qualification has eight
specialisms/pathways of which Non-structural Concreting is one of them.
The Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Construction and Civil Engineering Operations -Non-structural Concreting
pathway has been developed for achievement in a real workplace environment which means the learner needs to be employed to undertake this pathway.
This pathway enables the learner to demonstrate and recognise their skills, knowledge and understanding and to demonstrate their competence in a real workplace environment so you can work in the Construction and Civil Engineering Operations sectors.
The learner will be assessed against a set of performance and knowledge statements which have been derived from National Occupational Standards for your occupational area (Recommended Qualification Structure for Construction and Civil Engineering Operations (Construction) Level 2).
The learner will be assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified assessor whose job is to work with the learner and help the learner complete the pathway.
This pathway supports the learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge.
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- Placing and Finishing Non-Specialist Concrete in the Workplace
- Installing, Maintaining and Removing Work Area Protection and Safety Equipment in the Workplace
- Erecting and striking proprietary formwork in the workplace
- Slinging and hand signalling the movement of suspended loads in the workplace
- Reinstating ground condition in the workplace
- Preparing and operating ride-on rollers to compact materials in the workplace
- Preparing and operating powered units, tools or pedestrian plant, machinery or equipment in the workplace
- Preparing and operating forward tipping dumpers to receive, transport and discharge materials in the workplace
- Preparing and mixing construction related materials in the workplace
- Preparing and Mixing Concrete and Mortars in the Workplace
- Pouring concrete to form structures in the workplace
- Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
- Locating and excavating to expose buried utility services in the workplace
- Laying, placing or applying construction related materials in the workplace
- Installing, maintaining and removing temporary excavation support in the workplace
- Installing, constructing, maintaining, dismantling and removing temporary works in the workplace
- Identifying and marking the location of utilities apparatus and sub-structures in the workplace
- Erecting and Dismantling Access/Working Platforms in the Workplace
- Cutting, drilling and shaping construction related materials in the workplace
- Controlling, directing and guiding the operation of plant or machinery in the workplace
On completion of the Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Construction and Civil Engineering Operations -Non-structural
Concreting pathway the learner will have obtained the skills, knowledge and understanding and demonstrated competence to progress on to a higher level qualification in the same or similar occupational area or enable entry into supervisory and management positions within the workplace. Industry will accept the pathway on its own as entry to a job role.
If you are CITB Registered you can claim up to £600 per full NVQ and claim back additional units up to £300
We are an ATO provider, we can claim back your grants for you so you don’t have to at no extra charge!
For more information, or to book please call 01429 597 990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org