British Safety Council Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace qualification is a natural progression from Level 1, which caters for newcomers to the organisation or industry. Employers have an ethical obligation to keep their people, themselves and others healthy and safe.
The qualification provides candidates with a basic knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace, including the duties of employers and employees under the UK health and safety regulations.
In 2015-2016, 144 workers were killed in UK workplaces. In addition to the tragic loss of life and personal suffering, employers found themselves faced with court fines and costs, increased insurance premiums, compensation claims, reduced productivity, damaged reputation and low staff morale. Teaching this qualification will help avoid such consequences
Employers have a moral and legal obligation to keep their people healthy and safe. Employees have a moral and legal obligation to keep themselves and others healthy and safe
Who The Course Is For
Anyone in a work environment
- The main duties of employers and employees
- Consequences of non-compliance with health and safety legislation
- Requirements for training and competence
- The ways in which health and safety information can be communicated
- Definitions of ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’
- The main hazards found in a range of workplaces
- How hazards can cause harm
- The common causes of workplace accidents and ill-health
- The process for carrying out a risk assessment
- How risk assessments can be used to reduce accidents and ill-health
- The risk control hierarchy
- Risk controls for common workplace hazards
- Arrangements for emergencies and first aid
- The importance of recording all incidents, accidents and ill-health
- Actions to be taken following an incident
British Safety Council issues certificates within 2 to 5 working days.
For more information, or to book please call 01429 597 990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org